|Write to Rep. Herrera Beutler Now|
On the first page you’ll have to input your zip code and click the box saying “you’re not a robot.”
On the next page, fill in your prefix, first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, and be sure to click the option labeled “Yes I would like a response.”
Next you’ll see a drop-down menu to “select the issue your email relates to.” Select “Labor” from the menu.
Now, compose your message! We suggest a simple subject line, such as “Please Support The PRO Act.”
Write your message in the box underneath. Here’s a sample message you can copy and modify:
Good Afternoon Representative Herrera Beutler,
My Name is ____________ and I am a union member that lives in the 3rd District.
[Share your personal story about what union membership means to you and your family… or what you’ve seen union membership mean to people around you.]
This is why I am writing to you and asking you to vote YES to pass HR. 842, the PRO Act. It has been over a hundred years since there has been Labor Law Reform and it is long overdue.
The PRO Act would:
• Introduce meaningful, enforceable penalties for companies and executives that violate workers’ rights
• Expand workers’ collective bargaining rights and close loopholes that corporations have and continue to use to exploit their workers
• Strengthen workers’ access to fair union elections and requiring corporations to respect the results.
• Empower workers to organize and bargain.
• Hold corporations accountable for union-busting.
Stronger unions mean higher wages, safer working conditions and dignity for all people who work. The PRO Act is our first step to get there.
I am hoping that you will stand with the working people of southwest Washington and vote YES on the PRO ACT!
Click the check-box in the “I’m not a robot” box, and then click submit… and your message has been sent.
Finally, reach out to your friends, family and fellow union members and ask them to send a message as well!